Jenny's Running Blog

Saturday, September 08, 2007

The Damn News Already!


It's taking me too long to announce this news so I'm just going to do it now!

I don't really talk about what I do outside of running/eating cakes/going on holiday on this blog but I'm going to have to break that rule for this one!

I have been training to be a solicitor (attorney) for years now. I finished law school last year and have since been working as a corporate paralegal. My work is pretty evenly split between corporate and banking work. This means I work on mergers and acquisitions - mostly acquisitions, corporate reorganisations, initial public offerings - principally AIM, share buybacks and whatever else a company wants to do with its share capital and consitution as well as acquisition finance on the banking side and general banking facilities - drafting security documents and stuff. It's good work.

Last Sunday I went to an assessment day which formed part of the application process for a training contract at my firm. The training contract is the last part of the training process before you qualify as an solicitor (attorney!). Well, I got it! I was one of the few lucky chosen ones and now it will only be a couple of years before I qualify! This is fantastic news and it's been a long road getting here. I think there were something like 1,000 applicants for 16 contracts so it's a great achievement - however, I'm sure I wouldn't have got it without the great work I've done for the firm over the last year!

So there ya go. I found out on Tuesday and then worked on a completion until 4am! What a way to celebrate. Start as you mean to go on though. Bring on the late nights and the bags of filthy lucre!

4 Comments:

  • hey jenny...that's sounds like some very good forward motion to me - congrats :) be sure to celebrate!

    By Blogger londonjogger, at 7:01 PM  

  • Congrats on making it through! I tend to get the "we must celebrate - err but we can't" moments during all nighters in the office too! Bah.

    The variance in how you feel from one run to the next (later post ...) is absolutely normal. Keep getting in that aerobic zone!

    Andy

    By Blogger The Evernoter, at 10:46 PM  

  • Thanks :-)

    By Blogger Jenny, at 6:25 PM  

  • I like the comic strip ,its so entertaining! Nice one!

    By Anonymous spyder jackets, at 4:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home