Jenny's Running Blog

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Am I going to be a treadmill bore?

I'm still reading other running blogs... god the internet is like some evil time-sucking vampire. There's so much else I should be doing right now. Anyway, after looking at all of these blogs I was thinking about treadmills. I do all my running on a treadmill at the gym. All of it. It occurred to me that perhaps this would make my blog boring. I mean I've been reading other peoples' blogs and they describe the 20 mile runs they go on in parks and along trails and stuff - what am I going to say? At mile 1.25 another brown-haired guy walked past my treadmill again. How's that going to be interesting?

I want to run outside but this is England and it's September and in about two weeks it will be so cold and damp and dark that I won't even want to walk from my house to the car to go to the gym let alone to stay outside and go running. Maybe you think I'm too soft, I don't really care. If this was April then I might start running outside, but if I do it now I might end up quitting because it's so horrible out there. And not that many people run outside here. This isn't California... or London even! People are going to stare at me. No, I'm going to stay running on the treadmill until I'm hardcore enough to say that none of that matters. One day I will be getting rained on while running 20 miles on my own in the dark while the whole town watches on and I can't wait.

So am I going to be a treadmill bore? Nah. Even life on the treadmill can be interesting...

1 Comments:

  • Ceratainly, you've heard the term, "dreadmill" before, right. That's the best description for it. Still, you're doing it. Keep up the good work.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 10:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home