Jenny's Running Blog

Saturday, August 25, 2007

Sensible Saturday

I was really tired yesterday so I, I think sensibly, skipped the gym and instead got some extra sleep both in the morning and the evening... and the great news is that it seems to have done me some good because I appear to have IMPROVED!

Today's "run" definitely felt easier. I felt like I could have run faster and longer and I spent the last couple of minutes of my walking sections itching to run again. I'm not sure how much of this was the fact that it was 0815am and not 0630am!! All of this even shows up in the stats:

5 minutes less in heart rate zone 5 than on Tuesday.
6 minutes more in heart rate zone 3 than on Tuesday.

Weeeeeeeeeeeee! I actually feel ready to add a minute's running and lose a minute's walking next week.

This is the point where the first time around I started to run faster. I'm not going to do that this time because I know for sure that I was running too fast. It was completely unsustainable so as the minutes running in my programme went up and the minutes walking went down I just couldn't keep up the speed that I was running at and it got really unpleasant! I like running hard at the time I'm doing it but the memory of it kind of puts me off going back to the gym.

I'll be so happy to get to the point, in 9 weeks time, where I can run at the speed I'm running at now for 30 minutes without walking. Once I get there, then I'll work on getting faster.

Where has all of this sensibleness come from all of a sudden?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home