Jenny's Running Blog

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Death of a Heart Rate Monitor



After yesterday's "run" I felt so great all day that when I woke up this morning and for a few moments wasn't sure whether I'd go to the gym I just remembered how great it made me feel yesterday and I just went! If only every morning was that easy.

I remembered all my stuff today so the "run" itself was quite a lot less boring than yesterday. I'm trying not to push myself too hard which frees up my brain to think about other stuff instead of just thinking "oh god when is this going to end"! I have a strong tendancy to push myself too hard and I think that that has probably been a pretty huge factor in my past failures - I'm trying to take Phil's advice to go long, slow and easy. There's so many jokes I could make here about how I am always slow and how I never go long!

What I was thinking about today was about how I need to make the whole exercise thing sustainable for the rest of my life. It's a pretty challenging thought when you're just starting out - it's such a total change and at the moment I can't imagine how I can make this as much a part of my everyday life as eating breakfast. It seems like such a huge chunk out of my time everyday. So far I've only run at the weekend - the real challenge will be tomorrow when I have to fit it in around work.

As you'll see from my charts both my footpot and my heart rate monitor malfunctioned today. It's like my heart rate monitor slowly died towards the end of my "run"! I'd like to think that this was a sudden and drastic transformation in my fitness... if only. It's good to see that I'm kind of hanging around in zone three and four - I think four is where I'm ideally meant to be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home