Jenny's Running Blog

Monday, October 02, 2006

100 Beginner Running Tips - Complete Running Network

I just found this great article on the Complete Running Network website which gives 100 tips for beginner runners. Well worth checking out.

My favourites -
12. Don't neglect and irritate your family and friends by spending all your time running and talking about running... yeah sorry about that everyone!

16. It get's easier - yeah, I've spent years of my life thinking I'll never get fitter and after just four weeks of running I have. It really does get easier.

26. Running is not an excuse to triple your intake of doughnuts because runners gain weight too... yeah about that cheesecake I made on Sunday...

28. Each pound you lose makes running a little easier... yeah, about that cheesecake again

63. Always carry i.d. because you just never know - what the hell does that mean? Is it to identify my corpse? Jeez... I'm a little scared about heading out to the treadmill now.

3 Comments:

  • I'm counting on #28 for my full marathon in January. :o)

    By Blogger Unknown, at 4:26 PM  

  • I think at the moment I'm actually inadvertantly testing out the opposite - will gaining pounds make my running harder! Damn that cheesecake! Did I mention I actually ate it for breakfast this morning!

    By Blogger Jenny, at 4:43 PM  

  • Yummy!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home