Jenny's Running Blog

Monday, October 02, 2006

Week 5, Day 1 - The Treadmill Report

Quite a tough run today but with good results. I moved on up to run 8/walk 2 today - which was fine really. I ran the first 8 mins at 8.5kph, the second at 8.5/9kph and the last at 8.5/9/9.5kph. I also walked my last 2 mins at 5kph instead of my usual 4.5kph - just to squeeze out a few more fractions of a mile!

I just checked my stats and I'm running over 1km more in my 30 minute slot than I was when I started. Woohoo! And also, check out my min/mile pace for today - 12.35! My first run was at 16.76 so that's a great improvement.

When I started out running it was next to this lady who was doing this seriously funny-looking power walking. It was distracting but luckily she left. Far worse than that was when I was just winding up and this lady jumped on the treadmill next to me and straight-off started running at 10kph. I think if I did that I'd have a heart-attack! I was thinking, wow that's a pretty good speed but then I thought that maybe that's just her warm-up... makes you think.

Stats:
Distance - 3.91km/2.43miles
Avg Speed - 7.82kph/4.86mph
Min/Mile Pace - 12.35
Distance so far this week - 2.43miles
Hours so far this week - 0.30

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home