Jenny's Running Blog

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Week 4, Day 7 - Rest Day

Planned rest day today. I'm making cheesecake :-) I'm pretty pleased with this week. I can't believe I actually ran outside! Next week I move on to run 8/walk 2. I feel totally ready for this. The last three runs of this week have made me feel like I'm really making progress. I can definitely see an improvement in my running - this week is probably the first week I've felt that since I started. It's week 5 of 10 next week and my thoughts are really turning to what to carry on to once my 10 weeks are up. I want to continue to increase both my distance and my speed but I'm not sure what plan to follow. I can find a lot of total beginner plans but few others.

End of week stats:
Total training time - 2 hours 10 minutes
Total distance - 15.19km / 9.44miles
Avg speed- 4.4mph
Avg min/mile pace - 13.8

3 Comments:

  • Great to read of your outdoor run. I know that running some paths after rain are not a lot of fun and can be very slippy. However, the A4 is probably not much fun to run on as an alternative ;).

    You might try MWSnap to capture parts of your screen (on a PC) http://www.mirekw.com/winfreeware/mwsnap.html . I might just post my run map too - nice touch!

    Hope it was enjoyabale enough for you to try again.

    Andy

    By Blogger The Evernoter, at 9:38 PM  

  • Thanks for the software tip - I'll have a look at it. I'm just using paint at the moment which is hard work to do anything in!

    I'm definitely going to run outside again but I'm still not a convert to doing it all the time - I love the gym!

    By Blogger Jenny, at 9:38 AM  

  • Kudos to thinking out into the future. Hope you can find a program that you like. Maybe you can pick a 5K race out 8-10 weeks and find a 5K training program to do. That would be fun.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home