Jenny's Running Blog

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Week 4, Day 2 - I RAN AFTER ALL!

Well, just after I posted my last post about not running today I decided to go after all and boy am I glad I did because it was AMAZING! I destroyed all previous records and ran 3.55 km - 2.21 miles - which is a 13.6 min/mile pace! YAHOO!! I just don't know what was different. I'm not sure whether it was because I was carrying less weight because I tweezed my eyebrows this morning or whether it was because I needed to pee but I just flew! I felt like I had an extra lung all of a sudden. Instead of looking at the treadmill time clock thinking "oh isn't the 7 minutes up yet", I looked down at the speed and thought "have I got this set up right, I could run faster", so I did run faster! I ran my intervals at 8 / 8.5 / 9 kmph and it just felt so manageable. Really after yesterday I was feeling kind of glum thinking it was never really going to get any easier but today has just given me hope again. I'm sure I can do this now, I CAN BE A RUNNER!

Stats:
Distance - 2.21 miles/3.55 km
Avg Speed - 4.41 mph/ 7.1 kmph
Min/Mile Pace - 13.60
Peak Heart Rate - 177
Miles so far this week - 4.28
Hours so far this week - 1.00

Music Credits:
This is my 'determined to kick ass at my interview' mix!

Pink - Most Girls
Blu Cantrell - Hit 'em Up Style
Destiny's Child - Independent Woman
Kelly Clarkson - Since You've Been Gone
Kelly Clarkson - Walk Away
Pink - Stupid Girls
JLO - Jenny From The Block
Pink - U + UR Hand
Franz Ferdinand - Take Me Out

3 Comments:

  • See!!! Runners have good days and bad days. Not only are you racking up the miles but the most important thing that makes you a runner is that you are LEARNING the sport. Always keep in mind after every run what you learned that day. You just learned a very valuable lesson. That there are good days and bad days and sometimes it has nothing to do with anything you can control. Just deal with it and move on 'cause a good run is just around the corner. Now the funny thing about this lesson is you learned is that it's one that we all have learned but have to be reminded about often. This one will come back and haunt you. 3 months from now, you're going to have a bad day and you're going to be bummed. Look back at this post and remind yourself that you've already learned that lesson and move on.

    WTG!!! Be sure and let us know how the interview went.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 5:26 PM  

  • Jenny. Thanks for your comment over on my ramblings. Glad to read someone else having the same fight as me. I've had the same epiphany - suddenly moving from "when can I stop" to "why should I stop". But keep it easy! I didn't take advice on gradual increases and all sorts of things went very wrong.

    Go see Phil at http://arizonaphil.blogspot.com . He's just starting training for a marathon and gives great advice and support.

    Best of luck with your interview (I'll cross my fingers for you).

    Andy

    By Blogger The Evernoter, at 12:22 AM  

  • Thanks guys, great advice! I'll give you a full interview report once the nightmare is over with! lol

    By Blogger Jenny, at 7:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home