Jenny's Running Blog

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

And 76 Days Later...

I'm back! So all my concerns about starting my new job and jacking in running proved to be 100% true sadly. My new job proved to be a such a major change I just stopped running. I missed it so much in the beginning but couldn't figure out a way to squeeze it into my day. But this is a good news story because I'm running again! Ultimately there were two factors that got me running again:

1. A new train timetable meant I could catch a significantly later train
2. It turns out that my employer doesn't mind me turning up at 09:03 every day!

So for the last two days I've been standing outside the gym in the dark, wind and rain at 06:30 am ready to go running. It feels so great to be running again. Sadly 76 days of sloth have taken their toll on my fitness but I don't really mind; it just feels such a relief to be doing some exercise again. And now I'm no longer so ashamed at my lack of running that I can't read/post!

I can't finish this post without saying a thanks to you guys who have posted messages here in my absence - it felt good to be missed :-)

I have a million other things to say but I want to post my run reports first...

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home