Jenny's Running Blog

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

I Feel Sleepy Just Thinking About It...


I'm a bit worried about next week. I start my new job on Monday which I am a little nervous about, but what I'm far more nervous about is my running! Specifically I'm a bit worried about how much my running schedule is going to have to change in order to accomodate work into my day. At the moment I live a beautiful life of leisure. I roll out of bed in the middle of the morning and go running at the gym. I get back late in the morning and spend a few hours blogging and reading blog after blog after blog. I usually take a break for lunch and to shred my bills. Sometimes my bliss is interrupted by angry calls from my bank manager. I let my PA take those - it's a fancy electronic one that takes a message which I can then delete ;-) Ok. I'm just joking about all of this financial angst. But you get my point - I have a pretty easy time fitting running into my day but I'm broke!

So from next week I have to work :-( I knew that at some point in my life this dreaful day would arrive but it's still a terrible shock to be here ;-) I'll have to leave for work at about 7:40am. God knows when I'll get back. In my interview they asked me how I felt about all-nighters... yes seriously. In my wisdom I've chosen a career path with a pre-requisite of having no life outside of work and an unusual ability to survive without sleep. For the record I can pretty much check box number one but box number two is definitely blank. I need like 9 hours a night or my eyelids don't open all day.

Anyway, I'm drifting off point. So essentially my 10am gym visits and subsequent 4 hour blog binges are out. I've been quite pre-occupied with drawing up schedules to work out when I'm going to fit running into my new day. In terms of the mornings my major problem is that my gym doesn't open until 6:30am. Crap. Obviously I don't have time to go there at 6:30 and leave for work at 7:40. I could run outside... err... no! I've just got to be realistic. It's really cold and wet and dark here now and I just know that I wouldn't get out of bed and go out running in that. If it was summer I'd consider it, but it's not. I have no tolerance of cold by the way - I think I'm descended from bears; when the winter gets here I just want to hibernate.

So that leaves the evening. I hate exercising in the evening. I've been here before. I get back from work/college/whatever and it's dark and I'm tired and I want to eat dinner and slump in front of the tv. The last thing I feel like is going to the gym. But I'm stuck. I'm going to have to do this. I know that between the two I'm more likely to run in the evening than run outside in the morning. God it's going to be hard though. This might sound like nothing to those who do it already but I've been a student for years and I am not used to all of this activity!

Damn employment!! Don't employers have any idea how hard it is for lazy, cold-hating people like me to run when I have to spend most of my day working! LOL

Picture - panache-yes.com

1 Comments:

  • LOL!!! Welcome to the world of the working-class adult. :) Just wait until you're married with children and then try to figure out when to run. Fun, fun, fun.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 9:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home