Jenny's Running Blog

Saturday, October 14, 2006

Week 6, Day 6 - Rest Day

Rest day today. I thought I'd take my rest day today so as to give my hip maximum rest. I'm hoping it won't be hurting for my last run of the week tomorrow morning. I am in peak interview preparation mode at the moment. I've spent the day ironing and preening my interview outfit, practicing saying "hello, Jenny RB, how do you do", and sticking my hand out to receive imaginary handshakes with important people. I'm feeling pretty good about it all at the moment. I really want this job badly and I'm hoping that this will come across in the interview as rampant enthusiasm rather than desperation! I keep thinking that I don't mind if I don't get this because there'll be other great opportunities, and then I think, hang on a second... I'd love to work at this firm, I love the people I've met there, it's really going places, it would be amazing on my CV, I could really be great at this job, I WANT THIS JOB, I don't want any other job!! I realise that this current mindset might make my interview a bit like a scene from The Apprentice!

5 Comments:

  • just remember clear and articulate speech and look people in the eyes (they say the trick is to look between their eyes if right on gets a little uncomfortable). oh, and get plenty of sleep, and brush the cake out from between your front teeth ;) you'll do GREAT! :)

    By Blogger Neese, at 4:23 AM  

  • LOL! I was thinking of taking a little cupcake with me in my jacket pocket in case I needed some during the interview...

    Calling cake-a-holics anonymous....

    By Blogger Jenny, at 8:55 AM  

  • Oh, cake-a-holics anonymous is BS; they just try to get you stop eating cake, and that's not the answer!

    By Blogger Jess, at 5:12 PM  

  • Best of luck Jenny. Neese is right. Look people directly in the eyes when you answer their questions. It really helps make a positive connection.

    By Blogger Phil, at 8:44 PM  

  • Good luck in your interview.

    mmmmmm.....cake!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home