Jenny's Running Blog

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Week 7, Day 4 - Wretched Cookie Hurling Adventure

Urgh... I knew it was going to be bad but it was terrible. 6 days without exercise and far too much wine last night made for a truly wretched treadmill ride today. After scoffing down a breakfast of shortbread cookies and scraping the day-old "I applied my make-up with a shotgun" look off my face I lifted my fragile body into the car and headed for the gym. Mid-warm up I broke into a cold-sweat and started to regret the choice of a window-side treadmill as the sun reduced my pupils to the size of a pin-head. By the end of the warm-up Evil Jenny was contemplating how she was going to get out of completing the rest of the work-out whilst Virtuous Jenny was brandishing a whip and thrashing Evil Jenny's lazy bum. I jumped back a couple of weeks to the run 8/walk 2 option and crawled through my running sections at 8.5 kmh before breaking-down half-way through the last 8 and walking to the finish line. This collapse was largely the result of being told that I had an urgent phone-call to take in the bathroom... ahem. Throw in a dash of nausea making the prospect of literally hurling my cookies a real one and it was quite an experience.

BUT, the important thing is that I got back on the treadmill-pony after I fell off :-) I'm sure tomorrow will be better and so on and so on until my glorious completion on an ultra-marathon in 2 hours, 15 minutes and 24 seconds... bite my dust Paula.


Stats:
Distance - 3.57 km/2.22 miles
Avg Speed -7.14kph / 4.44mph
Min/Mile Pace - 13.52
Hours so far this week - 0.30
Miles so far this week - 2.22

3 Comments:

  • You are awesome. Way to get right back at it. Good job.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 4:32 PM  

  • LOL love the pic!

    By Blogger Neese, at 11:22 PM  

  • Short bread cookies for breakfast? Nice job getting back on the t-mill.

    By Blogger Phil, at 7:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home