Jenny's Running Blog

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Week 1, Day 2 - Starting Over

For the last couple of weeks I'd been preoccupied with thoughts of how I was going to get back to running. For weeks I'd repeated the same cycle of going to bed in the evening planning to go to the gym in the morning, waking up the next morning and thinking "I'm too tired - I'll go this evening", then getting home in the evening and thinking "I don't want to go now, I'll go tomorrow morning" etc. It just wasn't happening. I considered cancelling my gym membership and buying a treadmill but I kind of knew that wasn't the solution. Then yesterday morning I just woke up at 6am and went to the gym! The weather was just horrid - I just can't imagine how anyone can run outside here at this time of year. I'm re-starting my 10 week programme to get me up to running continuously for 30 minutes. I did the pitiful run/walk pattern of run 2, walk 4... and I was out of breath!! Check out my stats!! How embarrasing. I guess I've got to restart somewhere though. And on the plus side at least my upcoming improvements will look great on a spreadsheet in 10 weeks!

I felt so good for the rest of the day. After weeks of thinking "how do people manage to go to the gym every day?" I remembered why they do it - it feels great!

Stats:
Total Distance - 2.85 km/1.74 miles
Avg Speed - 5.7 kmh/3.54 mph
Min/Mile Pace - 16.94
Miles so far this week - 1.77
Hours so far this week - 0:30

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home