Jenny's Running Blog

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Week 6, Day 4 - and I'm drunk... hic!

I just got back from an afternoon/evening out in Bath and I'm a little tipsy. We did a little sightseeing, didn't take enough photos (as usual), and ate in a great little restaurant. I was lucky enough not to be the designated driver tonight :-))))) That's either me smiling a lot or I've eaten so much that I have lots of double chins! I didn't get a chance to post about my run earlier so thought I'd just nip on and give the details before I go back to eating some more chocolate cake... I seem to mention cake an awful lot in my blog which is making me aware of quite how much of it I eat!

It was a good run. I took it a bit easier today which was nice. I actually ran 5k. I started out doing 3.795km in 30 minutes and then started my cool down but then a song I like came on the music channel so I thought I'd just run through that; then I saw I was nearly at 40 minutes and thought I'd walk to then; and then realised I was nearly at 5k so thought I may as well continue to then. If I'd set out to run 5k I could certainly have done it in a faster time but it's fun to now have a time that I can chip away at :-)

Stats:
Time - 41:04
Distance - 5km /3.11 miles
Avg Speed - 7.31kmh/ 4.54mph
Min/Mile Pace - 13.22
Hours so far this week - 1:41
Miles so far this week - 7.89

3 Comments:

  • Sounds like fun! Nice job on the 5k! Keep up the hard work!

    By Blogger teacherwoman, at 12:23 AM  

  • woohoo. 5K. That's not a bad first 5K, girl. I see much racing in your future, speedy.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 2:37 AM  

  • that's an excellent way to look at it jenny, now your goal is to at least finish 3.1 miles in 41:03 :) completely attainable right? you are doing great! you and cake crack me up!

    By Blogger Neese, at 11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home