Jenny's Running Blog

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Week 5, Day 3 - Hard Day at the Office


Jeez. Tough day on the treadmill today. It wasn't great before I even got there - just feeling a bit tired. I didn't sleep very well. It was just a hard run. I felt kind of heavy all the way through. I wasn't gasping for breath I just had nothing in the tank. It was kind of like I felt at the end of my long outdoors run the other day - just no energy left. Still, it's like they say - some runs are good and some aren't. That's it really!

Once I was done I did some synchronised stretching! About 5 seconds after I hit the mats this lady comes along and starts on exactly the same stretch as me. She looks like a proper runner to me, so I become preoccupied with not looking like an amateur - I start carefully timing my stretches on my MP3 player and concentrating on my form. Hard work. Luckily she went onto different stretches. She won though. I was done and she was doing some hip flexor stretches. Screw that I was out the door - it's sunny today! Cold but sunny.

Stats:
Distance - 3.84 km /2.39 miles
Avg Speed - 7.68 kmh / 4.77 mph
Min/Mile Pace - 12.57
Hours so far this week - 1.00
Miles so far this week - 4.82

Picture source - bodybuilding.com

2 Comments:

  • WOW!!! Thanks for that image.

    Nice run. Why didn't you venture outside on such a pretty day?

    By Blogger Unknown, at 2:45 PM  

  • Awwww it was too cold. I've got another outdoor run planned for the weekend though. I'll take pictures this time!

    By Blogger Jenny, at 4:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home