Jenny's Running Blog

Friday, October 06, 2006

Week 5, Day 5 - Stand Back I'm Going to Puke!

Oh god that was so hard! Ok, I've heard it before but I have now physically learnt the lesson of "don't set off too fast"! I got a new PB by 0.01 of a km (lol! I didn't fix that honest guv'ner!) but it was just too hard. I set out at 9kmh which I really regretted because then in my next two running segments I was just f*cked - even 8.5kmh was killing me. I could barely walk the last 2 minutes and when I stopped I actually thought I might throw up. By contrast a few days ago when I set my previous PB I set out slower and then sped up and felt far more comfortable. Lesson learned!

I wore my heart rate monitor today. During my running segments my heart rate was in the mid 170s. I think this is an improvement - my heart rate whilst doing less was a lot higher than that a few years ago. Perhaps I've got an abnormally fast heart but I've actually hit about 210 before at the gym during one of my previous attempts to get fit!

It's a great rain day here today - there's huge puddles everywhere. I know it's bad for your car but I like nothing better than to drive through the biggest puddles as fast as possible and watch the water go everywhere! Hours of fun...

Thanks for all the new comments :-)

Stats:
Distance - 3.92 km /2.44 miles
Avg Speed - 7.84kmh /4.87 mph
Min/Mile Pace - 12.32
Hours so far this week - 1.30
Distance so far this week - 7.25 miles

Photo - sacbee.com

1 Comments:

  • Slow down, sista!!! You're gonna break the treadmill.

    Keep up the good work and keep on splashin'

    By Blogger Unknown, at 2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home