Jenny's Running Blog

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Week 1, Day 3

This is going to sound rather bad, but I've never exercised for health before. I've exercised for weight-loss, for fun, for challenge, for fitness and for the sheer pleasure of it but never for health... until now that is. All of a sudden I'm thinking that I need to exercise. I've been horribly unfit for years now. I almost can't remember ever being anywhere near fit. I know I'm young now but it can't be good for me to have such a weak flabby heart. This is a real first for me and it's good to have factor motivating me to run.

I'm incredibly impressed that I made it to the gym again today! The weather was truly awful - the road to the gym was even flooded. My run was good - I'm slipping back into the same habits of wanting to go faster and faster. I'm saddened but not surprised at how out of breath I am now compared to two and a half months ago. It's hard to feel like I'm starting over again at that all of those weeks of hard work I put in before have been lost.

Unfortunately I'm so out of practice I forgot to make a note of my finishing distance so the stats are a bit sparse today.

Stats:
Total Distance - ?
Avg Speed - ?
Min/Mile Pace - ?
Miles so far this week - 3.54
Hours so far this week - 1:00

2 Comments:

  • Good to see you back running (and bloggins) Jenny. You'll have all those zeros wiped off the "monthly mileage" chart to the right of your blog in no time.

    It's a big step to figure out how to fit a solid exercise program into your life after starting a new job. It took me years to figure that out. It only took you a few months.

    Have a great time at the gym.

    By Blogger Phil, at 12:46 AM  

  • Jenny, great to see you back and really a great re-start. I know how difficult it can be fitting in running, and I work mainly from home. I've had a rough old week myself and am in debt - only managed 2 out of 3 so far! I think people like Phil and Thomas understand the priority of running in their lives, and this probably comes once you've achieved some goal. It's not fanatisism, it's just knowing what's important to you.

    Instead of using a spreadsheet, why not try RunningAhead. http://www.runningahead.com/. It's a free online training record that's both simpler to use than a spreadsheet and gives you all sorts of running totals (pardon pun).

    Best of luck, and we all look forward to reading about your progress.

    Andy

    By Blogger The Evernoter, at 8:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home