Jenny's Running Blog

Monday, April 09, 2007

Week 1, Day 1... aGAiN!!


I've just had a fantastic run! Well run/walk... but you'll forgive me that right?! It's a glorious day here - really sunny and clear but quite cool. I took off down to the gym feeling a little apprehensive. Being Easter Monday it was quite busy, even at 9am. I walked around the gym trying to spot a treadmill off in a corner somewhere away from anyone who looked too fit! No luck though - my favourite quite spot was occupied by too very fit, fast looking runners. So I took up a position in front of the TVs and started my warm up. Just my luck some lady comes and jumps on the treadmill next to me and starts running like her ass is on fire. Normally this would ruin my mood but I just tried to stay focused on my own workout and to not get competitive thoughts in my head. I like that I'm competitive but at the gym, on a treadmill, I am never going to win! And losing = bad mood.

As I have again reverted to week one of my running programme I was on the very unchallenging Run 2, Walk 4. It felt great though. I struggled less than I thought I would and it felt fantastic to be running again. I started out very modestly but as I started to have fun I increased both my walking and running speeds and it was just great.

And thank God I'll now have some mileage to report in my sidebar for this month!

And in a refreshing change from my posts of late, today's picture is not of a cake! This is, in fact, a row of treadmills from my gym. These are in my favourite quiet spot at the back of the gym (the one where the damn runners were today) and they overlook the racecourse. Bit of a rubbish photo but interesting none the less.

Stats -
Total Distance - 1.88 miles / 3.03 km
Avg Speed - 3.77 mph
Min/Mile Pace - 15.93 (groan)
Miles so far this week - 1.88
Hours so far this week - 0:30

2 Comments:

  • hey thanks for the comment! No harm in starting over again. i've done it many times! better than the alternative, right? And remember: the only person you are competing against is YOU.
    :)

    By Blogger jeanne, at 2:56 PM  

  • Great to read you are starting over and getting some miles on the clock. Are you sure those treadmills aren't edible? Nice view over the racecourse. You could probably signal bets to the Tote from there.

    Andy

    By Blogger The Evernoter, at 5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home