Jenny's Running Blog

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Week 1, Day 4 - Why can't I reach my toes?

Not much to report so far this week. I've just completed a midweek yoga session - a quick half hour. I think I can already see some improvements in my flexibility... although at one point I realised I was just bending my knees more! It's quite frustrating to go from one position to another, each time having the single aim of reaching your toes and not being able to do it! I just find myself staring at my toes thinking "oh why can't I reach you?". What's worse for a girl who just had her birthday yesterday is that I remember when I used to be able to touch my toes in those positions and when I could do that

Why can't I do that anymore?!

I turned another 20 something yesterday. The number after the "2" is getting a bit high so I'm now officially no longer counting... or no longer telling people... or counting backwards or something.

Still just one run down so far this week. I've planned to go to the gym every morning but I've been unusually tired every morning so far and just haven't managed to drag myself out of bed. Now I come to think of it, there is an explanation:

Monday night - couldn't stop thinking about work - didn't get to sleep until rather late.
Tuesday night - stayed up late making a long list of all the things I have to do before I turn twenty-cough! This was the eve of my birthday. While making this list, which I plan to post on my blog, I realize that I'm a bit of a head-case and decide perhaps not to post it on the blog after all.
Wednesday night - couldn't stop thinking about crime. Decided to write a list of what I can do to make a difference about crime. This made me feel marginally better and I fell asleep... though I forgot to set my alarm.

Stats -
Sun salutations so far this week - countless
Runs - still just the one
Restless nights - three
Cakes - zero... hmmm :-)

3 Comments:

  • Good job with the cakes!

    You're only as old as what you add up to. e.g. 21=3 27=9 56=11=2. At least that's what I keep telling myself.

    I'm currently 2 going on 3.

    Happy birthday.

    Andy

    By Blogger The Evernoter, at 10:35 PM  

  • Hey Jenny--
    Happy Birthday!
    While I was reading your blog I realized that I too am getting to close to the 20-cough somethings.:) Well anyways I hope you have a great year. It is what you make it right?
    Thanks for the info on the running programme. I really think I am going to try and run the Disney Marathon, if I can get my brain not to listen to my body that is! :) I guess it's one of those things on my list before I turn 20 something else. :)

    Have a GREAT day!

    Susie

    By Blogger In the sky, above the clouds, at 1:46 AM  

  • Happy Birthday.

    Keep searching for your toes; you'll find them (I still can't reach mine, but there 30 years further away).

    By Blogger Phil, at 7:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home