Jenny's Running Blog

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Week 6, Day 3 - I've Found My First Race :-)

I think I've found my first race! I'm planning to follow a Hal Higdon 5k training programme once I finish my current programme. I put the schedule into my running log and figured out when I would be ready to run my first race. Armed with this information I went to the Runner's World website and plugged in "5k race" and "December" and found the perfect race that would align with the 5k test race half-way through Hal's programme. It's the Royal National Lifeboat Institution's Reindeer Run! The first of those links is to the RNLI but because they don't have the race up yet the second is to the Runner's World event page giving the race details. I'm a little concerned that the race description mentions that most feared of four letter words - H-I-L-L - but from what I've read on someone's blog a few weeks ago (can't remember whose I'm afraid) I just have to think "I love hills" and I'll get through it :-) Sounds like a cakewalk! I can't wait to get my first race t-shirt and then get drunk on the free mulled wine. Now I just have to figure out an appropriately festive costume... hmmmm...

Photo credit and Mrs Claus outfit - lalalingerie.com

4 Comments:

  • Run in that! I dare you!!! Pics required.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 5:17 PM  

  • i stayed at the Royal National Hotel for about 3 weeks, it's near Russell Square in London... not sure what that has to do with anything lol. i'm excited for your first race, hills schmills! you'll do good! hal hidgon is a good program.

    By Blogger Neese, at 10:13 PM  

  • Name of the race sounds very official. Outfit would at least provide ample "breathing" room.

    By Blogger Jess, at 9:50 PM  

  • You've got a great attitude toward those hills. I'm forced to run hills every run because I can't get away from them. I'll have to remember that mantra next time.

    That looks like an appropriate running outfit for your first race! LOL

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home