Jenny's Running Blog

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Week 6, Day 2 - No Beans :-(

Ugh, I just had no beans in me today. Tough run. I set out at a moderate pace which became even more moderate in the second 9 minute slot and more moderate still in the last. I managed a sprint finish though when I saw I might not match yesterday's distance! I checked my heart rate in the final 9 minute slot and it was 186. I was only running at 7.5 km/h by this point so that seems surprisingly high. I just had no energy at all. Ahh well. I think I'll take a day off tomorrow and hopefully my beans can regroup in time for Thursday :-)

The races were on while I was at the gym. My gym actually overlooks the racecourse and while I was there I saw a couple of races. As the horses were running down to the starting gate for the second race I was totally fading on the treadmill and to motivate myself to keep running I thought "Right, if I stop running before I hit 30 minutes then one of those horses is going to keel over and DIE!". Luckily for the horses I managed to keep going! LOL!



Stats:
Distance - 3.85 km /2.39 miles
Avg Speed - 7.70 kph/4.75 mph
Min/Mile Pace - 12.54
Hours so far this week - 1.00
Miles so far this week - 4.78

Photo Credit - (C) Me 2004 :-)

3 Comments:

  • Good thing you saved those horses. They need dedicated individuals like yourself.

    By Blogger Jess, at 3:40 PM  

  • keep up the good work, your proper runner, you!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 3:59 PM  

  • We all have down days. You'll bounce back after a bit of rest.

    By Blogger Phil, at 6:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home